DR 09-0165 — SML and PML: Lack of Media Types

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 25 18:00:05 CET 2011

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0165.docx

The media types I submitted (list below) have now all been approved by IANA and appear in the global list, where I am also now immortalised. The only minor wrinkle was the media type application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument (xps), which was actually already registered in 2006.

application/vnd.ms-excel.addin.macroEnabled.12 xlam
application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12 xlsb
application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12 xlsm
application/vnd.ms-excel.template.macroEnabled.12 xltm
application/vnd.ms-officetheme thmx
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.addin.macroEnabled.12 ppam
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroEnabled.12 pptm
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slide.macroEnabled.12 sldm
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slideshow.macroEnabled.12 ppsm
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.template.macroEnabled.12 potm
application/vnd.ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12 docm
application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12 dotm