Re: DR 09-0200 — WML: mirrorMargins

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:58:25 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Chris Rae <Chris.Rae at microsoft.com> wrote:

> http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0200.docx
>
> We agreed to reopen this DR (and discussed Amit's proposed changes to the
> solution) in Beijing, and I'd like to propose this wording, which is a
> slight modification of what Amit suggested. Changes are attached, but the
> sentence in question goes:

Thanks for notifying me of this progress.

--
> Changes to section 17.15.1.57 mirrorMargins (Mirror Page Margins)
> This element specifies that the left and right margins defined in the
> section properties shall be swapped on every second page. [Note: Page
> numbering can be set arbitrarily, so the flip might not always be on the
> pages with even-numbered labels. end note]
> --
>
> My key change from Amit's text is to alter his "even numbered pages" to say
> "every second page". I'm leaving in his note just to make especially clear
> that this doesn't the pages with even numbers on them.
>
> Amit, what do you think of this?

I still feel that there should be a way to refer unambiguously to the
"physical" page number independently from the label assigned to it, possibly
by adding a definition somewhere (it would help clearing up ambiguities in
other places, like MirrorIndents).

However, the bottom line is that your fix conveys the necessary information
clearly enough, and solves the issue at hand in a satisfactory way.

thanks,

       Amit