Part 3 of a new multi-part standard: Character repertoire checking

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Jan 31 03:38:13 CET 2011

Dear colleagues,

As part of the NWIP proposal, Japan sketched Part 3 for character
repertoire checking.

> Part 3: Character repertoire checking
> This part is intended to provide mechanisms for permissible character repertoires.  It is expected that a new
> OPC part for CREPDL (ISO/IEC 19757-7) scripts is introduced and that some attributes for referencing to this
> OPC part are introduced to WML, PML, and SML. The addition of this attribute is controlled by MCE of OOXML
> (ISO/IEC 29500-3).   The schema for this extension is intended to be captured by NVDL and RELAX NG, both
> of which belong to the DSDL technology

We might want to begin with Structured Document Tags of WML.  I think
that we only need a very small extension.

1) A new OPC part: CREPDL script

This is an XML document conforming to 19757-7.  I do not want to create
a new media type dedicated to this but rather use application/xml.
It has the source relationship as follows:
http://purl.oclc.org/ooxml/officeDocument/relationships/characterContentConstraints

2) Extension to WML

We only have to introduce a new child element of <w:sdtPr>.  This
element references to one of the OPC parts sketched above.

<sdtPr>
  <foo:repertoire r:id="..."/>
</sdtPr>