Re: DR 10-0034 — MCE: Drop Application-Defined Extension Elements

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Jun 6 04:11:47 CEST 2011

> Of course, this makes the implementation of MCE harder because an MCE parser has to know of the presence of ext elements. I think that could be made easier than forcing MCE implementers to also understand the schemas of Parts 1 and 4 - we could perhaps use "ext" as a generic extension element in MCE regardless of where it appears, or we could provide xpath type expressions to the various reserved elements. However we do it, though, I think this feature is something that we don't want to lose in IS 29500.

Chris,

Thank you for your detailed analysis.

Now, the processing model (page 31) in Part 3 has a para as below:

	  The markup preprocessor transforms its input markup into
	output markup  that contains elements and   attributes drawn
	only from current and non-understood namespaces. This
	transformation is disabled for input markup nested within an
	application-defined extension element.  The markup preprocessor
	accomplishes its transformation using the following rules:

If we allow a collection of (namespaceUri, localName) pairs as an
addtional input to the processing model, and the markup processor
uses them for disabling the transformation, is your concern addressed?