Custom XML Defect Reports Batch

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Mar 3 14:18:24 CET 2011

Chris,

The currently proposed schema allows strings up to the length of 255.
The schema was
proposed by Shawn the year before last.  The schema is shown in the DR 09-0212.

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0212.docx

I would like to close this DR today and encourage MBs to submit
comments if they
do not want to have this limitation.

2011/2/16 Chris Rae <Chris.Rae at microsoft.com>:
> Was reminded of this one by Rex's mail yesterday (thanks Rex!). Murata-san, that's well spotted regarding the schema location - you're definitely correct and it should appear in shared-commonSimpleTypes.xsd. On the length question - I don't believe we did this before; what prompted the question? I'm reticent to add a restriction unless there's a good reason for it, given that we're modifying a standard that existing documents are already targeting.
>
> Chris

国際大学
村田 真 <EB2M-MRT at asahi-net.or.jp>