Usage of PURL in the ISO/IEC 29500

Eckert, Klaus-Peter klaus-peter.eckert at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sat Mar 5 07:47:23 CET 2011

Dear all

I am currently collecting information about conformance and
interoperability statements from the ooxml and odf specifications. In
addition to the definitions of document and application conformance
part1 contains a section about application descriptions. The definition
of application descriptions refers to two purls
http://purl.oclc.org/ooxml/descriptions/base
<http://purl.oclc.org/ooxml/descriptions/base>  and
http://purl.oclc.org/ooxml/descriptions/full.

Like for the other purls in the document there seems to be no content
behind them. For this reason I have the following questions:

*        How should a purl in the spec be used? Should they refer to
some real resource? The current schema definitions are working because
there is a schemaLocation definition in the import statement. But what
about the purl mentioned above?

*        Are there any ideas how to specify the two basic application
descriptions?

*        Are there any DRs addressing to modify the conformance
statements in ooxml?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Klaus-Peter

--

Dr. Klaus-Peter Eckert
Fraunhofer-Institute for Open Communication Systems - FhI FOKUS

Phone +49(0)30 3463 7227, Fax +49 (0)30 3463 8227
mailto:klaus-peter.eckert at fokus.fraunhofer.de
<mailto:klaus-peter.eckert at fokus.fraunhofer.de>

http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/usr/klaus-petereckert/
<http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/usr/klaus-petereckert/>