DR 10-0018: General: missing normative reference

Jim Thatcher Jim.Thatcher at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 21 22:48:20 CET 2012

Yes, I think we can close on this in the call tomorrow. The proposed resulotion in the DR log should address the concerns in the DR. I'd like to add one update to that proposal, which is to identify the specific part of the SQ/CLI standard that should be referenced to describe the sqlType attribute in the tables in sections 18.10.1.3 and 18.13.6, which is ISO 9075-3:2008, Table 33 - Codes used for concise data types. If we decide to keep the existing partial lists of supported value/type pairs we should remove the negative values from those lists (SQL/CLI standard defines values < 0 as implementation defined) and order both lists in the same order.

Jim