DR 09-0060 - WML, Fonts: Names should be registered at IANA
johnhaug at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Mar 22 20:31:15 CET 2012
I realized all the mail I've been sending and receiving on this DR have been with individuals. Let me take the opportunity to recap this one for the whole list, and to capture discussion from the call this morning. Please take a look at the code page 949, 950, 1361 documents here and let's discuss whether these cover how we wanted to handle this DR. http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WindowsBestFit
DR requested changes:
1. 0x80: shift_jis should be replaced by Windows-31J.
2. 0x81: Microsoft Windows Codepage 949 should be registered in IANA, and use the name in the description.
3. 0x82: Microsoft Windows Codepage 1361 should be registered in IANA and use the name in the description.
4. 0x86: GB2312 should be replaced by GBK.
5. 0x88: Microsoft Windows Codepage 950 should be registered in IANA, and use the name in the description, because there are various Big5 diversions.
6. 0xDE: windows-874 is not registered in IANA. It should be registered.
- As covered in Prague (2012), #1, #4, #6 are done.
- I only recently found that #2 and #5 are documented on unicode.org. I had #3 documented there last week.
WG 4 review request:
Please take a look at the code page 949, 950, 1361 documents here and let's discuss whether these cover how we wanted to handle this DR.
Recall from the Prague meeting notes:
"In order to provide for the greatest degree of interoperability and fidelity of documents across implementations WG4 has made an exception to reference the Windows Codepage 949, 1361, and 950 character sets, which are defined by Microsoft and broadly implemented across the industry.
John will investigate whether sufficient public document exists to use as references for bullets 2, 3, and 5."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sc34wg4