Revised "MCE semantics"

Arms, Caroline caar at loc.gov
Thu Nov 15 16:10:27 CET 2012

Some copy-ediiting for the X section:

Definitions
Question -- where does the binding of prefixes to namespaces happen?  Is there reason to be explicit about this.

X.3
"An ProcessContent"  should be"A ProcessContent"
"ExtensionElements" should be "ProcessContent"

I would insert an article in "declared as process content name pair" to yield "declared as a process content name pair"

X.4
I would insert an article in "declared as extension element name pair" to yield "declared as an extension element name pair"

"or its ancestor.t." should perhaps be "or any ancestor element."

To make the extension element name pairs appear like pairs, should there be  a separator between "}" and "ext"?

In the Note, the term "markup specification" might benefit from qualification or an example to add clarity.

X.5
"declared as must-understood" should be "declared as must-be-understood" or "declared as must-understand"

X.6
Missing "in" in first sentence: "element the Markup Compatibility namespace" should be "element in the Markup Compatibility namespace"

X.7
Missing "in" in first sentence: "element the Markup Compatibility namespace" should be "element in the Markup Compatibility namespace"

Is "of the local part" correct in 2nd para?

Missing "q" [ or "unq"] in "ualified"

X.8
Missing "in" in first sentence: "element the Markup Compatibility namespace" should be "element in the Markup Compatibility namespace"

Missing "e" in "lement"

   Hope this helps.  I'll get to Y later.
   Caroline

Caroline Arms
Library of Congress Contractor
Co-compiler of Sustainability of Digital Formats resource
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

** Views expressed are personal and not necessarily those of the institution **