XSLT conformance text -- discussed on call

Arms, Caroline caar at loc.gov
Fri Nov 16 23:10:44 CET 2012

XSLT conformance text from  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#conformance

17 Conformance

A conforming XSLT processor must be able to use a stylesheet to transform a source tree into a result tree as specified in this document. A conforming XSLT processor need not be able to output the result in XML or in any other form.

    NOTE:Vendors of XSLT processors are strongly encouraged to provide a way to verify that their processor is behaving conformingly by allowing the result tree to be output as XML or by providing access to the result tree through a standard API such as the DOM or SAX.

A conforming XSLT processor must signal any errors except for those that this document specifically allows an XSLT processor not to signal. A conforming XSLT processor may but need not recover from any errors that it signals.

A conforming XSLT processor may impose limits on the processing resources consumed by the processing of a stylesheet.

Caroline Arms
Library of Congress Contractor
Co-compiler of Sustainability of Digital Formats resource
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

** Views expressed are personal and not necessarily those of the institution **