DR 12-0024 - General: Problems with the rendering of figures

Jim Thatcher Jim.Thatcher at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 28 20:49:25 CET 2013

Yes, transparency is one of the PDF features that is prohibited in the edition of ISO 19005 that Word implements (PDF/A-1, ISO 19005-1:2005). The second edition of PDF/A, published in June 2011, allows transparency. We are working with the product team to update the PDF/A support in a future version of Microsoft Word.

Jim