Re: MCE Revision Issue: §8.5, "ExtensionElements Attribute:

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Jul 23 01:24:13 CEST 2013

For the record, my proposal is based on the interview with
the MCE original designer in the Bellevue F2F meeting.
When the original markup specification and consuming
applications are built, the choice of application-defined
extension elements has to be done already.  Thus,
a new attribute for declaring application-defined extension
elements is likely to lead processing failures of original
consuming applications, and should be avoided.