RE: MCE Revision Issue: §6, "Overview"

John Haug johnhaug at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Jul 23 23:24:30 CEST 2013

Good comment.  What I think I was getting at was that consumers that don't understand the extension can safely ignore it.  The ext definition in SpreadsheetML requires preserving unknown extensions (18.2.7), the ones in PresentationML (19.2.1.11) and DrawingML (20.1.2.2.14, 21.2.2.62) don't.

Perhaps the best thing for Part 3 is to omit that last sentence.  That paragraph is intended to give a rough informative overview of the features in MCE, so saying anything about how they work (as opposed to generally what they do) is probably not a good idea.

John