DR 13-0009, "Conformance and MCE"

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Tue Jul 23 23:52:12 CEST 2013

With Francis’ permission, I have turned his proposal below into a new DR
(see attachment). That way, we can keep track of it separate from the Part 3
revision, which lead to his proposal.

Rex

From: Francis Cave [mailto:francis at franciscave.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:00 AM
To: SC 34/WG 4 mailing list
Subject: Revision of Part 3 - Impact upon Part 1 Clause 2.1 Conformance

Dear all

I have an action in the minutes of the Bellevue meeting to propose the
changes to Part 1 Clause 2.1 that would be necessitated by the
currently-proposed revisions to Part 3.

I propose the following changes to Part 1 §2.1:

In §2.1, third bulleted item, sub-item I, replace the entire current text
with: “The Part may contain markup in the Markup Compatibility namespace as
specified in ISO/IEC 29500-3”.

In §2.1, third bulleted item, sub-item ii, replace “using the mechanism”
with: “by an MCE processor as specified”

Regards,

Francis