DRs related to Part names

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Mon May 20 23:20:30 CEST 2013

Hi all - many thanks for reposting this, Murata-san. As we mentioned on the WG4 call last week, John and I have been looking through this document and have a couple of questions:

1. From item 2: As we discussed on the conference call, we think that ISO/IEC 295000 does not intent permitting a part name with a trailing slash, but the non-terminal ipath-absolute in RFC 3987 does. To this end, we think that we should define part name as 1*("/" isegment-nz).

2. From item 2: The list of constraints is a subset of the original constraints in 9.1.1. Can you remember why the other constraints weren't included?

3. From item 2: Are asterisk and colon characters to be prohibited entirely inside part names, or are we prohibiting only part names that are an asterisk or colon in their entirety?

4. From item 12: Please can you specify which exact five steps are removed from the conversion procedure?