Part 3 in ISO Online Browsing Platform

Arms, Caroline caar at loc.gov
Tue Sep 3 15:10:52 CEST 2013

It just struck me that it will be worth considering how a revised Part 3 will look on the ISO Online Browsing Platform.

   Exmple display at   https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso-iec:14496:-21:ed-1:v1:en

"Users can now preview the content of standards (including the foreword, table of contents, introduction, scope and bibliographical references), run full-text searches, and use advanced filtering options." is what I find at http://www.iso.org/iso/home/news_index/news_archive/news.htm?refid=Ref1631

I know that we just agreed to shorten scope substantially.  I think it could be useful to review that decision based on what a user of OBP would see.  Will it be clear enough that the MCE mechanism is applicable beyond OOXML?

I also find  "More standards will be added to the Online Browsing Platform and become available for preview as they are converted into XML format. The goal is to have 30 % of the ISO collection of standards converted by the end of 2012, with the entire portfolio converted by the end of 2013."

Does anyone know what XML schema they are using?  And whether they will achieve the goal of 100% conversion by the end of this year?

    Thanks.

    Caroline

Caroline Arms
Library of Congress Contractor
Co-compiler of Sustainability of Digital Formats resource
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

** Views expressed are personal and not necessarily those of the institution **