DR 13:0013: Proposed solution to "the blue ones"

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Tue Aug 19 10:56:11 CEST 2014

Hi Chris

This looks good.

I've done a trawl for @themeShade in Part 1, and I think that there are
other occurrences needing the same treatment in 17.6.2 bottom (Bottom
Border), 17.6.7 left (Left Border), 17.6.15 right (Right Border), 17.6.21
top (Top Border) and 17.15.2.5 color (Frameset Splitter Color).

I note that you have addressed @color in the case of 17.3.2.40 u
(Underline), and I wonder whether the treatment of @color in other cases
should be similar. There is one instance of @color is in the green bucket:
17.2.1 background (Document Background). Other instances of @color are in
the yellow bucket: 17.3.4, 17.3.5, 17.6.2, 17.6.7, 17.6.15 and 17.6.21 .
There's another instance of @color in 17.3.5 that we may have overlooked.

I'm also now wondering whether @themeColor is being correctly specified in
all instances. We already have a proposed correction of @themeColor that
occurs in 17.3.5 (DR 14-0002 - purple bucket), in which we now have:

If this element attribute is omitted, then no theme color is applied, and
the color attribute shall be used to determine the shading pattern color.

Would this same wording be appropriate to add in other instances of
@themeColor, i.e. 17.2.1, 17.3.2.40, 17.3.4, 17.3.5, 17.6.2, 17.6.7, 17.6.15
and 17.6.21?

It might be worth checking all uses of @color and @themeColor for
consistency. Maybe we could discuss this briefly on Thursday's call.

Kind regards,

Francis