Reorganizing examples of relative references resolution in A.3 of OPC

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Jun 5 08:27:32 CEST 2014

Folks,

I am not thiking about how examples (A.3) of resolution
of relative references in Annex A should be improved.

A.3 has caused a lot of confusions, since it does not distinguish two
cases: relatvies references beginning with "/" and those not beginning
with it.  The right approach is to clearly use resolution of relative
references as specified in RFC 3986 and demonstrate examples.  In
particular, we should show what the remove_dot_segments and merge
procedures in RFC 3986 do as part of this resolution.

A related problem is the absense of base URIs in A.3.  Obviously,
base URIs play key reoles in the resolution of relative
references.  Why are they not mentioned?  As a result, all examples
in A.3 appear to begin with "/".  There are no examplses that
do not begin with "/".

I am trying to reogranize examples thoroughly now.  I will
report back in a few days.