More OPC answers

John Haug johnhaug at exchange.microsoft.com
Sun May 11 21:47:26 CEST 2014

For Tuesday's call.  We received more information this past week on the questions I asked.

1. Regarding steps 1-9 in A.3: They said that the examples in A.4 should illustrate why the steps exist.  For example, see the line for the Unicode string "\a.xml" (4th from bottom).  Without those steps (in particular, 4 and 5), the result would be "/%5Ca.xml" rather than "/a.xml" because the URI that is run through those steps is "%5Ca.xml".

2. Regarding the text in subclause 9.2.1 (Relative References), "Relative references from a part are interpreted relative to the base URI of that part. By default, the base URI of a part is derived from the name of the part, as defined in §B.3.": This is the output of step 6 in B.3.  They suggested that the following might make it more clear: "...the base URI of that part, which in this case is the URI of that part."  I believe the crux is "the base URI *of that part*."  All six steps in B.3 are required to create a pack URI for the package *and a part*.

3. Regarding the text in subclause 9.3.2.2 (Relationship Element), TargetMode attribute, "For package relationships, the package implementer shall resolve relative references in the Target attribute against the pack URI that identifies the entire package resource. [M1.29] For more information, see Annex B.": This is the output of step 5 in B.3.  That output does not contain a part name embedded in the pack URI and thus is the pack URI for the entire package.  (The steps in B.3 open with "To compose a pack URI from the absolute package URI *and a part name*, the following steps shall be performed".)

John