Moving the WG4 document repository to LiveLink

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Wed May 28 19:41:11 CEST 2014

ISO now requires all WGs to put their documents in a WG-specific place on
LiveLink. This means that access to those will only be given to people
registered officially as WG4 members by their National Bodies (NBs) or
Liaison Organizations. Neither WG4 nor SC 34 will control that membership
list.

I have started learning that environment and testing with some files. I plan
to upload all 2014 files first, then go backwards trough previous years.

The simplest approach in terms of effort would mean we'd lose the original
creation date for all our existing documents. Instead, they would all have
their up-load date. The process to get around this seems to require more
effort, which I'd rather not spend.

If you think WG4 REALLY HAS TO preserve the old documents' original dates,
please state your case on this email list. Regardless, I do plan to create a
folder for each year, so you'll be able to search by document number or look
at all documents in a year, regardless of the date stored with each document
in LiveLink.