PLEASE PROOF: [DRAFT] Minutes of the Teleconference, 2014-08-21

Arms, Caroline caar at loc.gov
Mon Sep 8 19:09:24 CEST 2014

Rex,

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier.

1.  On Metadata, I think we can say that the consensus was that introducing a specific new part for arbitrary rich metadata would be problematic, but that introducing a new relationship type might be appropriate.  Francis offered to do a test. [ Aside: he then reported on a test to the email list within a day or two of the call.]

2.  On IRIs and WhatWG.  I think it would be fairer to say that it was news to "some" members or that" members on the call have not followed these developments in detail."  Also add a final sentence. " As in Murata-san's current draft, we will use RFCs 3986 and 3987 as the basis for specification of the syntax for part names and for the pack: scheme."

Apologies again for the delay.

   Thanks.    Caroline