FW: Comments from the 29500-3 (MCE) DIS Ballot

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Sun Sep 21 23:53:36 CEST 2014

Last night, I received this from Kimura-san. This is in support of Japan's
comments.

From: Toshiko Kimura [mailto:kimura at itscj.ipsj.or.jp]
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2014 6:54 AM
To: Rex Jaeschke
Cc: 'Yushi Komachi'; MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)
Subject: Re: Comments from the 29500-3 (MCE) DIS Ballot

Dear Rex,

cc: Komachi-san, Murata-san,

Below is the more detailed editorial comments from Japan.

- Normative references
The following international standards are not cited anywhere else in the
document.  They should be moved to Bibliography.
ISO/IEC 2382-1、ISO/IEC 10646、RFC 4234

- all
Identification of lists are not in accordance with the Directives Part 2, 5.
2.5.
e.g. 1. 2. 3.  a. b. c.
the Directives Part 2, 5.2.5. says as follows:
"Each item in a list shall be preceded by a dash or a bullet or, if
necessary for identification, by a lower case letter followed by a
parenthesis. If it is necessary to subdivide further an item in the latter
type of list, Arabic numerals followed by a parenthesis shall be used (see
Example 1)."

- all
The periods at the end of Clause Numbers should be removed.
1.2. should be 1.2

- 5. General Description
"clause n" should be "Clause N".

- A.1 is a Hanging paragraph.
- A.1
"This subclause" should be "This clause".
Please refer to Directives Part 2, Annex C.

- A.2 is a Hanging paragraph.

- Annex B title
Remove period at the end.

- Listings of Bibliography should be preceded by [n].

End of Japanese comments.

Best regards,

Toshiko Kimura
IPSJ/ITSCJ