PLEASE PROOF: Day 3 Draft Minutes of the Kyoto Meeting, 2014-09-23/25

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Sep 29 18:30:52 CEST 2014

Folks,

How about this?

Murata explained his rewrite of the latest WD of OPC. It has been
improved on the basis of feedback in recent WG4 teleconferences.
Based on further feedback in this meeting, Murata is instructed to improve
the rewrite and WG4 agreed to adopt it as the next WD.

Scope

Murata introduced his proposed rewrite.  It is much shorter, since it
does not describe mechanisms but rather focuses on what is meant to be
achieved.  Deleted paragraphs are moved to the Overview clause, and
thus no information is lost.

We will have to improve the scope further, but probably after we have
a better idea about the introduction of XAdES into OPC.

Clasue 5 (Overview)

Murata explained that the third and following paragraphs are moved
from the scope.  This clause still requires significant rewrite, after
we have a better idea about the introduction of XAdES into OPC.

Clause 8 (Package Model)

On the basis of feedback in recent WG4 teleconferences, subclauses
8.2 (Parts), 8.3 (Pack URI Scheme), 8.4 (Base IRIs), 8.5 (Resolving
Relative References), and 8.6 (Relationships) have been significantly
improved.  In particular, it has been made clear that pack URIS are
used for both inside and outside references.

John pointed out that having both a BNF for IRIs and a BNF for URIs is
confusing and suggested that we should only have one for IRIs.  Murata
is instructed to implement this suggestion (including the use of "IRI"
rather than "URI" wherever possible).

John also proposed a rewrite of "8.2.2.3 Part Name Integrity in a
Package" by reordering existing text.  It was agreed that his rewrite
be adopted.

The term "content type" in 8.2.3 has been discussed in the past.  It
was quickly agreed that we should postpone this discussion to future
teleconferences since Caroline Arms can participate.

There was some discussion about "growth hint" in 8.2.4.  We agreed
that it is not represented by XML documents but is merely captured as
a part of ZIP.

Murata argued that the itemized list in 8.2.5 is doubtful.  But
we find that it applies to XML documents specified in Annex D
but does not apply to other XML documents in OPC packages.
However, some editorial clarifications are needed.

Annex: Guidelines for Meeting Conformance

Murata proposed to delete all tables in this annex, because (1) they
add nothing new but merely duplicate information, (2) they do not
capture some requirements in the body, (3) they make the revision
process difficult, and (4) some columns are not about conformance.  It
was agreed to postpone this issue until we have a better idea about