DR 11-0011 — WML: The number of lines per

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Aug 4 03:59:23 CEST 2015

I did some experiments using Word 2013 on Windows 8.  I am
a bit embarrassed.

If we try to specify the number of characters per line in a
multi-column document, something strange happens.  The
number of characters per line in the page layout menu
and that in the multi-column layout menu sometimes
differ.  I have two such documents.  In both cases, the
number shown in the page layout menu is correct. while
that shown in the multi-column layout menu is incorrect.
By typing Hiragana characters repeatedly, we can verify
that.

https://goo.gl/G6mD7w
https://goo.gl/FdNKbk

In my interpretation, the differences shown above
reveal bugs.