Late review comments on Part 4

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Aug 13 14:11:14 CEST 2015

Folks,

I used my program for comparing strict schemas and
transitional schemas, and tried to make sure that ll
differences are captured in prose.

I have finished WML only.  Here are my reports. 5)
might be serious: we might have introduced undesirable
differences between strict schemas and transitional schemas.

1)

14.11.8 of Part 4 references 9.10.11, but it should reference 14.11.11.

2)

14.4.1, 14.4.2, 14.4.3, and 14.4.4 of Part 4 mistakenly reference Part
1, §17.4.34, §17.4.35, §17.4.36, and §17.4.37.  They should
reference 17.4.33, 17.4.34, 17.4.35, and 17.4.36.   We might have made
similar mistakes.

3)

I think that 14.10.7 hyperlink (Hyperlink) in the consolidated Part 4
is not needed because it does not introduce any attributes but merely
repeats the description of an attribute already specified in Part 1.

4)

"decimalFullWidth2" is mistakenly allowed by strict ST_NumberFormat.

5)

We forgot to introduce the use and default attributes to the
attribute definition of charSpace of docGrid elements.  We introduced
them only to the strict schema.  Did we make the same mistakes for all
SML attributes?

7)

Should we be more explicit in allowing VML For WML background and Object
elements?

8)

Should we explicitly allow numberingChange elements in fldChar elements?