XAdES and media/relationship types

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri May 8 14:52:12 CEST 2015

I now understand that relative references in OOXML are fragile: parts
referenced by relative references (rather than relationships) may be
thrown away.  Meanwhile, implicit or explicit references are not fragile.

When we incorporate XAdES into the revision of OPC, it would be easier
if we embed everything as part of signature files.  If we create
separate parts and use relative references for referencing them from
signature files, these separate parts may be thrown way.
Alternatively, we might want to rely on relationships rather than
relative references.

The current version of OPC allows X.509 certificates as separate parts
and also allow them to be embedded within signature files.  When they
are separate parts, they are referenced by relationships rather than
relative references.

What should we do about CRLs and manifests?  Miyachi-san thinks that
we should disallow them as separate parts.