PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Mon Apr 18 15:28:40 CEST 2016

See my replies inline. Rex

-----Original Message-----
From: caroline arms [mailto:caroline.arms at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:05 PM
To: Rex Jaeschke <rex at rexjaeschke.com>
Cc: SC 34 WG4 <e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org>; TC45 <e-TC45 at ecma-international.org>
Subject: Re: PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Rex,

More review of Cor 1 against draft of Part1.

Item 178 looks OK.  No marks appear on draft.  The intent is to keep captions for diagrams with the diagrams -- or at least, not to end pages with orphaned captions.  A quick skim looked OK.  Worth a later review after changes are accepted.

Items 179-180 look OK.

Item 181.  Looks OK wrt Cor 1.  Intent was to make clear that the element related to the Normal Slide View mode.
However, there appears to be a mix-up over the horizontal and vertical splitter bars.  The sentences beginning "The region to be maximized"
in the attribute descriptions for horzBarState and vertBarState seem to conflict with the labels in the diagram.

Rex> I agree that the final sentences of the paragraphs of each description appear to be swapped over. Separately, the new edit to add "primary" and "content" to "slide region" in the description of vertBarState doesn’t seem correct, as the name of the region in the diagram was not changed to match. And "primary slide content" is not used elsewhere. These two new words might need to be removed.

*** I propose creating a new DR for this.

Items 182-187 look OK

    To be continued ...

    Caroline