PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Thu Apr 21 19:14:55 CEST 2016

See my replies inline. Rex

From: eb2mmrt at gmail.com [mailto:eb2mmrt at gmail.com] On Behalf Of MURATA Makoto
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:07 AM
To: SC 34 WG4 <e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org>
Subject: Re: PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Sorry.  11.8 rather than 10.8.

Clause 10 has no subclauses.

Rex

From: eb2mmrt at gmail.com <mailto:eb2mmrt at gmail.com>  [mailto:eb2mmrt at gmail.com <mailto:eb2mmrt at gmail.com> ] On Behalf Of MURATA Makoto
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:50 PM
To: SC 34 WG4 <e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org <mailto:e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org> >

Why is the header of Subclause 10.8 of Part 1 indented?

Rex> I see the problem and will fix that.

I just posted the following new documents to the WG4 website:

*       N 0333: 29500-1:2016 in DOCX and PDF, schemas and other electronic annexes [61MB]

*       N 0334: 29500-4:2016 in DOCX and PDF, schemas [12MB]

These documents are 29500-1/-4:2012 with CORs 1 and 2 applied.

Please post any corrections/suggestions to this list.

About a year ago, we tried to publish 29500-1/-4:2015 after having incorporated COR1, but as we found errors, we produced a COR2. I built on last year’s work by simply applying COR2 to what we already had. That made some new changes and undid a few from COR1.

For your convenience, CORs 1 and 2 are attached.

I have applied all the editorial corrections reported (especially those documented in the Beijing meeting minutes from 2015).

I updated the Part 4 pointers into Part 1 to reflect clause-number changes.

I’ve asked Murata-san to get me the latest schemas, but as nothing was changed in that regard for COR2, what I posted today should be the final schemas.

The review period ends on 2016-04-29. Hopefully, we can move these drafts to DIS ballots during the 2016-05-10 teleconference. We already got SC 34’s approval to do this at the Beijing Plenary. All being well, the ISO and Ecma editions will be published before year’s end.