PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Thu Apr 21 19:21:28 CEST 2016

Let’s discuss this on the next teleconference.

Rex

From: eb2mmrt at gmail.com [mailto:eb2mmrt at gmail.com] On Behalf Of MURATA Makoto
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:13 AM
To: SC 34 WG4 <e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org>
Subject: Re: PLEASE PROOF: Drafts of 29500-1/-4:2016; feedback due by the end of 2016-04-29

I reported discrepancies between figures in the PDF version of the

consolidated Part 1 and those in the Word version.  Most of them are

not real, but are caused by a non-acrobat PDF reader and my XSLT

script that extracts figures and tables.

However, two of them are real.  The figures in 17.4.22 17.4.24 of the

PDF version and those in the word version do look different.  I guess

that this difference is caused by a bug of MS Word.  We can address

this issue by creating small images for the example tables, but

I am wondering if we can do so as part of this consolidation.

I also don’t see any differences between the two versions, and agree with Caroline that the second one runs off the right margin. I'm running MS Word 2103 and Adobe Acrobat X 10.1.16.13.