Digital signature issues on the table

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Jan 22 03:41:40 CET 2016

Dear colleagues,

Yesterday, JNSA had a meeting to discuss issues around
XAdES in OPC.  Here is a quick summary (I will prepare
a longer version).

1) DSig version: 1.1?

1.1 only

2) Canonicalization algorithms?

Must support 1.0, 1.1, and ExcC14N without comments,
should support 1.0, 1.1, and ExcC14N with comments,

3) XAdES Version: EN or TS? (EN only)

EN only

4) Which spec from ETSI?

Part 1 of XAdES as well as AdES

5) New relationship type for XAdES EN digital signatures part?

No.  Implementations should be able to distinguish new and
old XAdES signatures.

6) SignatureTime of OPC?

Do not use SignatureTime  for display or validation when there is
a time stamp.  Clearly show to users whether a time stamp or SignatureTime
is used.