DR 10-0048 (OPC Annex C) proposed changes

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Jul 13 16:16:49 CEST 2016

Dear colleagues,

I studied WG4 N344, DR 10-0048 (Annex C Changes).  Attached
please find an improved draft.

First, I find the whole point of Table C-7 is to allow an Microsoft
extra field for representing growth hints.  I thus reintroduced this
table, referenced 9.3.8 (Growth hint) from this table, and referenced
this table from the description of extra fields.

Second, I replaced "No" by "Not allowed".  "No" is a bit confusing,
since it can be interpreted as "no additional constraints by this
specification".  But "Not allowed" clearly prohibits the particular
construct.

Third, I corrected some mistakes in the "version needed to extract"
field.  1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 should not be marked as "Not allowed".
Indeed, these are used by MS Word.

Fourth, I mistakenly disallowed "no compression" in Table 4.  Fixed.

Fifth, in Table C-6, I mistakenly marked almost all fields as
"Partially -- the value shall be set to 0".  They should be simply
disallowed.  Note that extra fields do not have to exist.  Fixed.

Fourth, I do not understand what is meant by "All 64-bit stream record
sizes and offsets shall have the high-order bit = 0. [M3.20]" at the
end of this annex.   What does this mean?