DR 15-0012

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Jun 8 11:00:10 CEST 2016

In this DR, two simple types, ST_OnOff1 and ST_WebSourceType, are said
to lack prose definition in Part 4.  This is true for ST_OnOff1, but
is not the case for ST_WebSourceType.  This simple type does exist in
Part 1 from the beginning.

To close this DR, we only have to introduce two subclauses for ST_OnOff1 and
ST_OnOff in Part 4.  However, this DR appears to be the top of an
iceberg: when should we explicitly reference constructs in Part 4?
I would like to discuss in Prague.  More about this, see John's mail
available at:

http://mailman.vse.cz/pipermail/sc34wg4/2015-August/003612.html

Here is my proposal for the two new subclauses in Part 4.

20.1.2.X ST_OnOff (On/Off Value)

This simple type specifies a set of values for any binary (true or false)
property defined in a WordprocessingML
document.
A value of 1, true, or on specifies that the property shall be turned on.
This is the default value for this attribute, and is implied when the
parent element is present, but this attribute is omitted.
A value of 0, false, or off specifies that the property shall be explicitly
turned off.
This simple type is the union of the W3C XML Schema boolean datatype and
ST_OnOff1 (20.1.2.Y)

[Note: The W3C XML Schema definition of this simple type’s content model
(ST_OnOff) is located in §A.7.9. end
note]

20.1.2.Y ST_OnOff1 (On/Off Value)

This simple type allows on and "off" values.

This simple type's contents are a restriction of the W3C XML Schema string
datatype.
[Note: The W3C XML Schema definition of this simple type’s content model
(ST_OnOff1) is located in §A.7.9. end
note]