Let's close DR 11-0030

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sun Oct 23 10:03:02 CEST 2016

I checked the DR Log of DR 11-0030 -- OPC: Obsolete version of W3C XML
Digital Signature 1.0.

I think that this DR should be marked as "Closed in REV2".

First, we decided to replace the reference to the first edition of XML
Digital Signature 1.0 by a newer specification.

    (Note: The choice between 1) the combination of 1.0 (second
    edition) as well as 1.1, and 2) 1.1 only will be decided outside
    this DR.  I will start another thread for this.]

Second, the reference to XML in WD 3.1 is correct, as shown below:

>XML, Tim Bray, Jean Paoli, Eve Maler, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, and
>François Yergeau (editors). Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0,
>Fourth Edition. World Wide Web
>Consortium. 2006. http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/.
[Implementers
>should be aware that a further correction of the normative reference
>to XML to refer to the 5th Edition will be necessary when the related
>Reference Specifications to which this International Standard also
>makes normative reference and which also depend upon XML, such as
>XSLT, XML Namespaces and XML Base, are all aligned with the 5th
>Edition.]

Third, the reference to XML Namespaces in WD 3.1  is correct, as shown
below: