Proposed changes for DR 15-0021

caroline arms caroline.arms at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:51:47 CEST 2016

Murata-san,

I've been looking at the textual changes you suggest.  I agree with
your textual deletions.

Background: As far as I can see, the HTML Publishing Properties
(htmlPubPr) element was moved to Part 4 (and dropped from Part 1).  So
clearly it makes sens to drop its complexType.  I'll rely on others to
check the schema changes.

Reading the entire Primer subclause L.3.1.4.1 made me wonder whether
more changes to the text are warranted, given that it refers to
features in Part 4.  We do have other instances where discussion in
the Primer refers to features now in Part 4.  See the last sentence in
L.5.2, which is about VML.

At the very least, the "must" in the first paragraph seems jarring.
The paragraph now reads:
"An implementation must have the ability to save (and publish) a
presentation to a web-friendly format like HTML or MHTML. Various
parameters are used to configure the application for saving such
formats as well as to control what content gets generated.  The
parameters that configure the application are the HTML Publish
properties whereas the content properties are the Web Properties."

What about the following:

Change "must have" to "might provide"
Change "parameters are used" to "parameters are available"
Add reference to Part 4 in a sentence modeled after the last sentence in L.5.2.
Move last sentence in existing paragraph to a new paragraph.

The result would be:
"An implementation might provide the ability to save (and publish) a
presentation to a web-friendly format like HTML or MHTML. Various
parameters are available to configure the application for saving such
formats as well as to control what content gets generated.  These
parameters are introduced here.  For details, see the section on
PresentationML in Part 4.

The parameters that configure the application are the HTML Publish
properties whereas the content properties are the Web Properties."

I realize that this suggestion may need a new DR.

Also, the Primer implies that this element/complexType is in PML,
rather than DML.  So the DR Title should possibly be changed.

Hope this helps.

Caroline