[!!Phishing]OPC: Normative reference(s) for Dublin Core

caroline arms caroline.arms at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:44:43 CET 2017

Murata-san,

As I look again at your Core Properties suggestions, I find another issue

In Normative References, we now have:

Dublin Core Element Set v1.1. http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/

Dublin Core Terms Namespace. http://purl.org/dc/terms/

Both those URLs now resolve to the same page/document (issued 2012-06-14)
http://dublincore.org/documents/2012/06/14/dcmi-terms/?v=elements
http://dublincore.org/documents/2012/06/14/dcmi-terms/?v=terms

Although the URLs are different, both land you at the top of the page,
which is somewhat confusing.

Since a reference is normally to a document (and not a namespace), I
suggest that we change the Normative Reference entry to be a single
reference to http://dublincore.org/documents/2012/06/14/dcmi-terms/

The distinction between the two namespaces, which is clear in
http://dublincore.org/documents/2012/06/14/dcmi-terms/   can usefully
be retained in the Core Properties clause because there are different
constraints on dcterms:created and dcterms:modified from those on the
others.

   I'll send some thoughts on your rewrite suggestions separately.

   Thanks.   Caroline