Re: DR 16-0024 — SML: Styles Issues

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Nov 8 09:35:44 CET 2017

> 2.      We view this as a stylistic update that doesn’t really enhance
the technical details.  The submitters proposal is technically accurate,
but the tone doesn’t match the other prose and we don’t feel it adds much
to the comprehension of the section.  Our recommendation is to keep the
current text as is.

I  think that the first sentence proposed by the sumitter

  "Zero-based index referencing an xf record in the CellXfs collection in
the Styles Part."

is better than the current text,

  "The index of this cell's style. Style records are stored in the Styles
Part."

sinceit provides more details ("xf", "zero-based", and "CellXfs").

But "xf record" should be "xf element".

I do not think that the second sentence "This is the starting point to
determine the formatting for this cell."
is needed.