DR-16-0022: Shared ML: Escaping strings in ST_Xstring

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Thu Nov 9 15:50:56 CET 2017

Murata-san

I think that this DR is asking how to serialise the literal string “SW_x3850_CPU”, not “SW㡐CPU”. If “_xHHHH_” is interpreted as the Unicode character #xHHHH, any literal string in the form “_xHHHH_” has to have the initial “_” escaped, which is what Charlie is saying that Excel does. But does this mean that “_” is always escaped by Excel, or only escaped in certain contexts, such as if followed by “x”? Does this need to be tested?

Kind regards,

Francis