FW: SPAM-LOW: Re: N-ary objects in Office Math Markup Language (OMML)

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Tue Nov 14 15:36:45 CET 2017

From: eb2mmrt at gmail.com [mailto:eb2mmrt at gmail.com] On Behalf Of MURATA Makoto
Sent: Sunday, November 5, 2017 1:09 AM
To: Francis Cave <francis at franciscave.com>
Cc: Rex Jaeschke <rex at rexjaeschke.com>; MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp>
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: N-ary objects in Office Math Markup Language (OMML)

Francis,

In Geneva, let's first divide this DR into smaller DRs and try to solve easy

ones.

Here are my observations  Rex, I think that you do not

have to merge them into the current DR, since we should

first divide the DR.

>The term “math argument” as used in §22.1.2.5 is not defined. In fact, there are four elements in

>this category: §22.1.2.26 deg, §22.1.2.32 e, §22.1.2.112 sub and §22.1.2.114 sup.

There are four more elements.

22.1.2.28 den (Denominator)

22.1.2.37 fName (Function Name)

22.1.2.52 lim (Limit)

22.1.2.75 num (Numerator)

>§15.1 defines ‘n-ary operator’ to be “An operator that involves n terms when expanded…’.

> But in OMML the term n-ary applies not only to true n-ary operators, such as finite series

>summation and series product, but also to the integral operator, which is not normally

> described as an n-ary operator.

Is an equation array (22.1.2.34 eqArr (Array Object) ) is

also an n-ary operator?  At least, it has an e element (Argument)
for each line.

I think that the definition in 15.1 is misleading and unnecessary.

>The only prose specification of the element sub is in §22.1.2.112, but this specifies a particular case, not the general case.

Should we add two more simple examples?

<m:sPre>

  <m:sub/>

  <m:sup>

    <m:r>

      <m:t>2</m:t>

    </m:r>

  </m:sup>

  <m:e>

    <m:r>

      <m:t>A</m:t>

    </m:r>

  </m:e>

</m:sPre>

<m:sPre>

  <m:sub>

    <m:r>

      <m:t>1</m:t>

    </m:r>

  </m:sub>

  <m:sup/>

  <m:e>

    <m:r>

      <m:t>A</m:t>

    </m:r>

  </m:e>

</m:sPre>

Hi Rex

DR attached. I’ve revised the wording to fit the DR template more cleanly.

Kind regards,

Francis