Definition of the term "limit"

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Fri Apr 6 16:20:29 CEST 2018

I think we need to avoid any more re-writing than is absolutely necessary, not out of laziness, but because extensive re-writing increases the risk of inadvertently making a breaking change. The choice of the word "limit" was unfortunate, but as Murata-san has pointed out, that's true of other file formats, and mathematicians have got used to this kind of terminological abuse. Anyway, we're talking about the file format, not the user interface, so all that matters is that implementers know what to do, and they're generally programmers not mathematicians.

Francis