2010-12-19 Status Update: Verifying 2010-07-19 Second IS 26300:2006 Amendment 1 Draft

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Mon Dec 20 08:10:05 CET 2010

I am happy to report that I have completed the following step:

	3.1 Verify that none of the changes in AMD1 collide with
	COR1 changes and recommend adjustments if there are any
	places where there is an avoidable collision in the AMD1.

I completed this for BOTH COR1 and COR2 (that is, the cumulative ODF 1.0
Errata 02).

I found only 5 collisions, most of which are associated with COR1.

Three of the five collisions can be avoided by limiting the wording of the
change in the draft Amendment -- that is, by not showing so much unamended
text.  The report on defects of the second draft of the amendment will
include those remedies.

The remaining two of the five collisions are based are in Appendix B, and
have to do with changes in Errata 02 that are inapplicable or inconsistent
with what is in Appendix B as amended for 1.1.  Nothing needs to be done in
the amendment.  Synchronization will depend on COR2, ODF 1.1 Errata 01, and
reconciliation to be offered during the comment period of the FPDAM1 ballot.

Also, in developing COR2, you may see some instructions that make no sense
or are incompatible with the text that is already in IS 26300:2006 in
Appendix B.  How we adjust that (perhaps by removing the inconsistent errata
items from COR2) will influence how synchronization is ultimately achieved
with the amendment.

I will now continue with step 3.2 in the progression below.

 - Dennis