Updates from OASIS ODF TC

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 2 21:52:56 CET 2010

In case you missed it, here are some quick updates:

1) Public review of ODF 1.2 Part 3 has ended.  Based on feedback received
we plan on revising and approving a 2nd CD.  The 41 comments received and
the resolutions we have so far can be found in JIRA here:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10082

2) Public review of ODF 1.2 Part 1 has begun.  You should have received
that info via Kimura-san.  The public review runs through March 26th.

3) The TC voted unanimously to request that OASIS submit ODF 1.1 to JTC1.
However, this request needs to go through a few more internal-OASIS
approval steps before we can contribute it.  The OAISIS Board of Directors
meets later this week, and we have an agenda item related to this request
on their agenda.  So we should have a better sense of the timetable next
week.

4) We're finishing up our draft Errata response to the last two ISO/IEC
26300 defect reports.  The technical resolutions were easy.  But we are
running into an interesting mismatch between OASIS and ISO views of how
errata/corrigenda are sequenced.  In OASIS, a published  Approved Errata
document includes all corrections to date.  So if we issue a subsequent
Approved Errata document, we're required to include all corrections from
previous Approved Errata as well.  My understanding is that ISO does it
differently, that corrigenda may reference previous corrigenda, but they
typically do not include previous corrections verbatim in subsequent
corrigenda.

So we need to work through this, and find a way that works for OASIS as
well as SC34.  We're currently working on a presentation of corrections
where the OASIS Approved Errata would be a complete set of corrections,
but with clear indications as to when each correction was made, so a DCOR
could be prepared by extracting only those corrections not yet published
in corrigenda.

5) We're also getting closer to finishing up ODF 1.2 Part 2, OpenFormula.
We should have a CD 01 ready in another couple of weeks.  The plan is to
revise that then to a CD 02 and then move that part to public review.

Regards,

-Rob