[Fwd: New ODF errata document - page & line numbers]

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Sat Jan 9 17:14:14 CET 2010

Hi Svante,  From the OASIS perspective, the only requirement is that
errata consist of a "set of proposed corrections...in the form of a list
of changes".

So anything that clearly and unambiguously indicates what the change is
should be fine.

IMHO, line numbers are problematic when dealing when you have changes to
tables or images, since indicating a line number is not always easy there.

But if you reference merely the clause number, makes sure that you give
enough context to make it unambiguous.  So if you say "insert 'foo' before
'bar' in section 1.2.3", then be sure that 'foo' occurs only once in that
section.

-Rob