Reminder and draft agenda for teleconference meeting of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 6, 2010-10-13, 13:00 - 14:00 UTC

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 11 01:12:30 CEST 2010

I will be traveling to Brussels on Wed, for the ODF Plugfest,  so although
I will try to make this WG6 call, it is unlikely that this will be
possible.

So in lieu, here is the status of the work in the OASIS ODF TC:

1) Errata for ODF 1.0 have been approved in OASIS and we are awaiting
notification of publication, which should be a matter of days.  Once that
occurs I will transmit to to the SC34 Secretariat.  The Project Editor can
then prepare a DCOR-2 text from that, for which the Convenor can then
request a ballot.

2) If you recall, DCOR-1 was balloted and approved, but has not yet been
published.  Ideally, we would encourage publication of COR-1 before
starting the ballot on DCOR-2, since DCOR-2 presumes a text already
corrected by COR-1.  Prompt publication of COR-1, as well as prompt
approval and publication of COR-2 is also essential if we are to avoid the
ODF 1.1 amendment being overtaken by the ODF 1.2 PAS submission.  (The
original plan was for the Amendment to presume a text already corrected by
COR-1 and COR-2).

3)  With the completion of this OASIS Approved Errata, the OASIS ODF TC
have no unprocessed defect reports from SC34 related to ISO/IEC 26300.

4) The latest version of ODF 1.2 is Committee Draft 05, which completed
its mandatory 60-day public review early in September.  We received 394
comments during this public review, mainly from TC members, but also
including several from SC34 technical experts acting in an individual
capacity, as well as from SC34 NBs (Denmark and Japan).  We express our
thanks for all who took the time to review the draft and submit comments.

Regards,

-Rob