Change tracking in the proposed ODF 1.2 standard

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Aug 26 12:58:02 CEST 2011

> Change tracking has existed in ODF since its initial OASIS (2005) and ISO
> versions (2006).  In the five years since it was approved by JTC1 I don't
> recall receiving a single NB comment or defect report related to change
> tracking.  Please correct me if I missed something.  As you know, we have
> been trying very hard to respond to every NB comment received.

(My personal opinion)

I translated that part of ODF 1.0.  In the Japanese SC34 mirror,
I did not propose to submit a defect report about this topic.  But this
does not mean that I was happy.   I thought that the DR process is not
for "redesign change tracking from scratch".  Such a radical comment is
more approprate for CD or DIS ballots.