FW: ISO announces Webex for web, voice, and video conferencing

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Fri May 27 14:25:19 CEST 2011

Dear members of WG 6

Please see the announcement below, that ISO is switching their web
conferencing service from Citrix GoToMeeting to Cisco Webex. I believe that
Webex is to be preferred, as the client software will work with Linux as
well as Windows and Mac OS X. This was not the case with GoToMeeting, which
only worked with Windows and Mac OS X.

Our next teleconference meeting scheduled for 2011-06-22 will need to
consider the results of the FPDAM ballot on the draft Amendment. It may be
very useful to be able to share a view of various documents and could
provide a good opportunity to test the use of the Webex service.

I would be interested to receive your views on whether or not we should test
this new service at our next meeting.

Francis Cave

Convenor, WG 6