Another comment on ODF 1.1

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sun Jul 21 15:26:26 CEST 2013

Dear colleagues,

Triggered by another comment on the JIS ODF 1.1 draft,
I am reading the second para of 4.1.3 Common Paragraph
Elements Attributes.  I do not understand this para (esp. the
the 2nd and 3rd sentences) well.  Please enlighten me.

	A text:style-name attribute references a paragraph style,
	while a text:cond-style-name attribute references a
	conditional-style, that is, a style that contains
	conditions and maps to other styles (see section
	14.1.1). If a conditional style is applied to a paragraph,
	the text:style-name attribute contains the name of the
	style that was the result of the conditional style
	evaluation, while the conditional style name itself is the
	value of the text:cond-style-name attribute. This XML
	structure simplifies [XSLT] transformations because XSLT
	only has to acknowledge the conditional style if the
	formatting attributes are relevant. The referenced style
	can be a common style or an automatic style.