Paris action Item followup on suggested ITTF permission notices for use of schemas and similar technical resources

Innovimax SARL innovimax at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 10:09:27 CET 2009

Dave,

I think this is a huge step backward from Alex proposal. We should be
conservative on the notion of derivative. It is the implementers
business to rework the schemas. But in this case, the implementers
should provide the original schemas with the ISO header if he wants
his users to reuse the GOOD version

Suppose someone has to rework the schemas for a perticular
implementation of a schema validator. Then it has the right to do so,
but it SHALL NOT have the right to redistribute this modification
under the ISO label

My position is to keep Alex proposal and wait for a better proposal if any

Regards,

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL