DR-09-0233: ValISO

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sun Jul 12 09:28:20 CEST 2009

Dear colleagues,

In my understanding, as a general rule, our first sets of CORs and AMs
will not cover those DRs which were not closed in CPH.  If we ignore
this rule, we will continue to have more last-minute DRs (and solutions)
and thus significantly delay the publication schedule or fail to publish
anything.

I understand that we sometimes have to allow exceptions.  Those mentioned
as open issues (e.g,. serial values and ISO dates) are exceptions.
Those proposed by the project editor while compiling the fixes should be
considered as exceptions, when he provides required changes.

In this particular case, WG4 certainly discussed and almost approved the
solution proposed by Ecma.  It was only BSI that was concerned.  As
a result, in the draft minutes of the CPH meeting, we have

> DR-09-0233  SML, core: Shortcoming with ValIso
> After some discussion, it was agreed this wasn't ready for closure

Now, Ecma and BSI jointly proposed a revised solution.  I agree to add
this issue to the agenda of our phone conference on 7/23.  The rest is
up to the decision of WG4.

Regards,

SC34/WG4 Convenor
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)