WG4 comment collection system

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Thu Mar 19 10:08:36 CET 2009

I agree with Jirka is that we ideally need a system in which all submissions
can be commented upon. However, my experience with UK submissions recently
is that it is helpful - both to the submitter in getting it right, and to
the Project Editor in seeing how the proposed solution would affect the
current text - to express the Proposed Solution as edited, styled text. At
Doug has already stated, this isn't possible using the current comment
collection system.

To overcome this problem, as a minimum the system would need to be enhanced
so that a facsimile image of the original submission - or at least of the
Proposed Solution - could if appropriate be embedded in or (perhaps more
feasibly) linked to the Proposed Solution field in the form. A link to a PDF
of the original submission would probably do the trick.

Francis Cave