Audio conferencing on Thursday

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Tue May 26 19:52:01 CEST 2009

Greetings,

A few of our colleagues from the UK and Korea had issues with the telephone conferencing bridge during our last telephone conference.  I've configured this Thursday's Live Meeting session to broadcast audio via Live Meeting in addition to the standard conferencing bridge.  We'll see if this helps the experience.  That said, I'd like to make two recommendations for Thursday's "experiment."

1.       If you can, use the dial-in conferencing bridge; that'll give you the best experience ( based on my anecdotal experience ).

2.       Please be mindful of un-muted phones: I'd strongly suggest that everyone keep their phones muted until you need to speak as it helps prevent background noise from overloading the system, especially with half-duplex phones.

Thanks, and I'll 'see' everyone on Thursday.

shawn